Natural Envy Spotlights: Soliel185






































































http://public.fotki.com/Soliel185/nappiversary-my-fir-1/nappiversary/dscf5312-jpg.html
www.twitter.com/Mazeratie

What a lovely beauty, comfortable in her natural styles.  Just celebrating her Curly-Versary 2 months ago.  Kudos to her coveted hair.  - Kitty.



This is on her About me page:

My Hair Type is 4a/b mix by my estimation.

I transitioned for 17.5 months. My BC was 7/15/2009

I don't have a set routine for my hair - it's a very 'live and let live' kind of process. :) I comb every 1-2 weeks. In between I only use my fingers. About once a month, or after wearing a protective style (like kinky twists) for a long time I do a "deep detangle" It starts with my fingers, then a shower comb, and I work my way down to the Denman Brush to fully remove all my shed hairs.

I'm a PJ and experimentor, but there are a few things that I will always keep in my arsenal no matter what:

Moisture Spritz - Rosewater, Glycerine, Aloe Vera Juice or Gel(ly).
Sometimes I add some protein like Hydrolyzed Wheat
Protein or Silk Amino Acids from Lotioncrafters.com

Suave Tropical Coconut Conditioner - I may stray, but I always come
back to my baby. ;). It's a detangler, a leave in, and
cheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeap.

My Natural Oils - I LOVE natural oils. Favorite mix is Virgin Coconut or
Vatika Oil mixed with Extra Virgin Olive Oil. I pre- mix
it in a container. It soaks right into my hair, and keeps
it soft, shiny, and protected. It doesn't clog my scalp
or give me build-up.

Other natural oils I adore are Castor Oil - perfect for
sealing and shine, but a lil goes a looooong way.
Peanut Oil, Rice Bran Oil, and Macadamia Nut Oil are
ones I use on occasion, and that make great additions
for treatments/DC's.

Conditioners: Suave is my work horse. After Suave comes Aussie
Moist. It's heavier and creamier than Suave, but a bit
heavy as a leave in for me. For deep treatments I use Lustrasilk Shea & Mango or Aloe Vera as my base. I
usually mix in some ORS replenishing and then throw
in whatever oils etc that I want.

I occasionally use Herbal Essences, but they aren't
my faves. I've gotten some really good performances
out of the Nexxus, Joico, and Paul Mitchell GVP's at
Sally's also.