Is About Time That I Start to Set My Priorities Right?

I know that I'm a makeup fanatic. More of an addiction I would put it. As far as I'm concerned, makeups makes me happy, makes me feel whole, makes me feel elevated, and anything that's gotta do with makeups just turns me on.

I know, pretty weird you'd say. Why am I spending hundreds and thousands of my hard earned moolah on something that could only add colour to my face and not satisfying my entire body?

To me, looking at my stash of makeups is just like doing 30 minutes of yoga, I always refresh, peaceful and happy. Its like, I've found my inner self and feel absolutely revitalize -__-''' But its the very truth!!! They kept me going on and on with my daily life and I always felt calm and serene after touching them...


Therefore, when people start asking me questions like "Does your makeup put food to your table?" "Do you think that by spending so much money on makeups is justifiable while people out there are earning a paltry sum to have just enough for a day's meal?" "Do you really need 16 different colours of blushes to get you through adversity?" "Do you think that by spending so much time and money on makeup would make you become rich and successful?"

Well, all these questions makes me go "Mmmm....." and the answer is a resounding "NO"

But of course, the other side of me goes to argue that "I need them because they make me happy and when I am happy, I felt that this life is so much more worth living in.." True, true, that's what's in my mind. I always feel that happiness is the utmost important thing that a human should try and grab/find/achieve.

But of course, when the amount of makeup in my drawers are growing steadily to a staggering amount (I mean, come on, who needs 17 lipsticks when I hardly even slap on 1), I try to budge from my stubborn ground of "I need more makeups!!" and face the fact that "GOD, I HAVE TOO MUCH MAKEUP BUT NOT ENOUGH OF CLOTHES".

Seriously, I seem to be rotating my clothes ever so often that my family and friends teased me about it. And when I open my wardrobe, I was in quite a shock state. Gasp!! Where have all my clothes gone?

Oh wait, I know!! I threw 70% of them away while I was on the run from UK to Japan and back to Malaysia. And... I threw 0% of my makeup. -__-'''

Alright, and so the transition mode begins:

MAKEUPS ===> CLOTHES

So, I'm going to do my money delegation wisely right now.

20% of my salary ---> rental and bills
20% of my salary ---> savings
20% of my salary ---> parents
20% of my salary ---> food and grocery
10% of my salary ---> clothes
5% of my salary ---> miscellaneous
Last 5% of my salary ---> makeup

And I really doubt that I would have the leftover 5%. No wait, I don't think that 5% is even enough to buy a lipstick from Lancome. T__T