Ruby Gettinger (*Ruby* 8pm , Sunday's on STYLE network)





I absolutely love this show. I've been watching since season 1. She chronicles her struggles with weight and the root cause of her FOOD ADDICTION.
 
Which I know alot about- if your eating just because, or when your upset, depressed or when your super excited then you might have food addiction.  Food is a drug it alters the seratonin and dopamine levels in your body (which changes your mood just like a drug), then it wears off.  It's also a form of "taking control".   For me it's not about depression now for me it's slight boredom.  I've spent most my life self involved and I've let all of that go, my life changed for the better when I had my child. Everything is about my little one.  So it's trying to balance not having time for myself so I just throw my hands up sometimes. 

We are to eat to live not live to eat.  Eating healthy and just enough not junk and too much.  All forms of addiciton and the havoc it wrecks the body is bad. Addiction is addiction weather it's drugs or food (most people have food addictions) which is why we are so fat, especially here in America, but don't want to admit it's just a slow kill.

Now if your 300 lbs and your doctor says that your are FREAKISHLY healthy, no triglycerids or cholestoral issues, no diabetes, high blood pressure, artery problems, etc then your fine but that's usually a rare case. Food addiction I think is actaully worse cause you can't escape food. That's why there are fat camps, lap band, gastric bypass, etc. No matter the addiction and overcoming it,  it's a life long process to stay sober from it and deal with the after effects.. Whether crystal meth or hamburgers it does bad for the heart and even once sober have to deal with it's effects.

N E who, this show is pretty awesome cause it addresses the fact that anything wrong with your life now usually started in childhood.  She unfortunately mentally blocked out about 10 years of her life as a child and she's seeing psychologists, and therapists, etc trying to get her to remember.  The teaser for this season is that she finds an old journal and her worst nightmares were true that she was molested as a child.  It was revealed in previous seasons that it was believed her mother made her fat so that she could be unattractive to her dad.  On top of that she is the sweetest person ever.
http://www.mystyle.com/mystyle/shows/ruby/index.jsp