Natural Envy Spotlights: Sumayyah Abdul-Haqq - California Loc Stylist






















Greetings ILMLoc'rs meet Sumayyah Abdul-Haqq. I'm definitely having Loc envy of this goddess crown.


She's on the Pink seat today to answer some questions about her beauty regime.- Kitty





















KS: When did you decide to go Natural & what motivated you to do it?

SA: I went natural at 15 and hated how limp, lifeless and broken off my hair was so I chopped all the relaxer off and never went back.



KS: Have you ever had a perm and what was your experience?

SA: Unfortunately yes, at 9 years old which was way too young but my mother didn't know any better and just wanted to be able to manage my hair better. I honestly think that changed the way my hair grew up until now it was nothing to grow my hair long back then and after that first perm experience, it never grew as nicely.



KS: What are you favorite products to use?

SA: I really like Carol's Daughter, Taliah Waajid, Miss Jessie's and Jamaican Mango Lime, and Super 8 oil, these are products I use on my clients.



KS: What do you do, any special talents?

SA: I am a natural hairstylist/loctitian in San Lorenzo, CA (Bay Area)



KS: What has been the response with your natural choices positive and negative?

SA: I have always surrounded myself around open minded, cultured people who have always supported my natural choices, So I have no negative experiences to mention.



KS: Do you feel more free, more yourself? Describe why?

SA: I have never been one to care what people think of my choices of wearing my hair natural but to answer your question... Yes, I do feel very free with my locs, I have been natural majority of my life and there was never any regrets when I officially went natural.



KS: Do you have any favorite sites or sites of your own?

SA: Please go to facebook.com/naturalhaircreations
All of my contact info, location and plenty of pics and more can be viewed on this page and make sure to "like" my page ;-)

Sumayyah Abdul-Haqq
http://Facebook.com/naturalhaircreations
California