Introducing Guest Blogger: Alegria Maron-Gaines Van Rooy







































Well I Love My Loc'ers, today I want to introduce to you a friend of mine and sistah of another color Alegria Maron. This goddess's beauty was inherited from her mother a former Super model, and fashion designer Willy Van Rooy. I've known Alegria for years and have always admired her creativity and style. So I want to introduce her to this blog as a beauty expert. From make up to skin products or any other thing that goes on that category.- Kitty





































Kitty:   Where were you born?
Alegria: Paris, France. Boulogne Billancourt to be exact

Kitty:   Who are your parents and how did they have an impact creatively on who you are today creatively?  


Alegria: My parents...wow! well my mother Willy van Rooy was one of the Top models in the 60's & 70's, she was one of Yves Saint Laurent favorite models and artists for that matter as her wanted her to design for him. She went on to design shoes and fashion and is now continuing to work on her artistry in many facets. My father Salvador Maron is an incredible painter and I am actually sharing his story from the start in my blog...check it out! ;) Their influence has been major, I have traveled all over the world since I was very young and that in it self has opened my eyes and mind to a lot, they have always been very open and encouraged me to follow my passions.










Kitty:   What type of things do you enjoy doing now creatively or business wise?

Alegria: My true calling is to contribute to the family name in a sense; I will inherit all of their work along with my brother so it is very important that I work on this from this moment on. On a more personal level, I enjoy fashion and design in general and I have a special love for culinary arts, I love good food so I always have fun cooking. Business wise it goes back to my parents and representing them on a professional level. I have had several businesses and I believe that because it never truly pinpointed my passion I never took it to the next level. I will be launching my T-shirt line soon though which I am really looking forward to.

Kitty:  Do you have a website and what is it about?
Alegria: yes I have a Blog actually and it covers me as a whole, I give my thoughts on several subjects ranging from fashion, marriage, family, beauty and art. I am also documenting my father’s story which is awesome so I hope a lot of readers get into it
J the web address is www.alegriamaronvanrooy.com

Kitty:  What is your personal beauty regime?
Alegria: Well this one is funny because I am a do-it-yourself woman all the way! 1st and foremost I LOVE water so drinking water is a must and it falls in line with beauty because our body needs it so much and it does great things for our skin. I do my own pedicures but I do have a professional touch up every once in a while to keep it looking fresh when I do it, then I am huge on being hairless, so I wax myself…I HATE razors or hair creams etc so wax is my choice, I do it all myself, even Brazilian which I also talk about on my blog. And finally I cut my own hair which is not that hard unless you have a short style. I am a working mom so the budget brings the MacGyver out in me
J. Most of the things I use are listed in the blog.

Kitty:  Style wise how would you describe your personal style? 
Alegria: hmmm…ok I am not huge on patterns and love simplicity, completely opposite of my mom who loves bold and patterns. I love shoes and bags, I feel that your entire outfit can cost 50cents but with the right shoes and bag you can make it look priceless. I am very simple as far as jewelry; wear the same items everyday as they hold sentimental value. Love plain white v neck T-shirts! I would describe as modern simple and linear.

Kitty:  What is beauty to you?
Alegria: it comes from within, I know it sounds cliché but it is true to the core. A gorgeous girl with a bad mean attitude is an Ogre.

Kitty:  Is there anything you would like to share about yourself or what your doing that may not have been covered in this interview so far, including websites?


Alegria: I think you asked great questions and it allowed me to share it all, I would love to maybe suggest people to look at my mother's blog www.willyvanrooy.com and get a feel for her since I adore her and for the rest we have covered it all pretty well, thank you so much for your time and I have to say how much I love your work and creative soul!


--
Alegria Maron Van Rooy
http://alegriamaronvanrooy.com/