Natural Envy Spotlights: ButtaFly Jonez




































MANY OF YOU ALREADY KNOW THIS LOVELY GODDESS AS YOU HAVE SEEN HER PHOTOS GRACING MANY LOC INSPIRATION PHOTO ALBUMS ACROSS THE NET.  FOR THOSE OF YOU WHO DON'T KNOW LET ME INTRODUCE YOU TO BUTTAFLY JONEZ.

Q&A:
KITTY:  HOW LONG HAVE YOU HAD YOUR LOCS AND WHAT INSPIRED YOU TO GET THEM?

BJ:    I have been locking my hair since 9/11/2001.. so almost 10 years. I decided to loc my hair to pay honors to my ancestors, for hair health, for hair growth and for style.. It's the best thing I've ever done!

KITTY:  WHAT IS YOUR HAIR MAINTENANCE FOR EXAMPLE WHAT PRODUCTS DO YOU USE?

BJ:     I wash my hair about once every two weeks. I only use my own products as I feel like it's the healthiest for me. I use Buttafly's Hair and Body wash to cleanse my hair.. about three times per wash. Then I use Buttafly's Bath, Body and Hair Oil all over my locs for fragrance and moisture and deep conditioning. I use Buttafly's Dred and Loc Jaloe for light twisting in the front. If I want to do a slick back ponytail, I use Buttafly's Hair and Body Butter for a little weight in my hair. Not only is my hair healthy, it smells so good! :)

KITTY:  WHEN DID YOU BEGIN MAKING BEAUTY PRODUCTS AND WHAT INSPIRED YOU TO START?

BJ: I began making beauty products in late 2005. I used to go to places like Bath and Body Works all the time and realized that my skin was becoming irritated by all the chemicals that they put into their sprays and lotions. My skin never healed, the dry skin was just covered up. I began to seek natural products and found that I was breaking my bank account just to have healthier skin, and all it really was.. was "thick lotion" and not real body BUTTER. I began going to farmer's markets and different fairs and found butters that were just "ok" and decided to start making my own. 6 formulas and 5 years later.. I have the purrrfect, paraben free (preservative) Phalate free (hormone) all natural body butter using no mineral oils or petroleum jellies (which just sit on top of your skin and never gets absorbed and is a bi product of crude oil.. eeewww) and are Animal Friendly.

KITTY: WHAT HAS BEEN THE HIGHS AND LOWS OF BEING A MERCHANT?

BJ:  The highs and lows are always the ups and downs of sales. That is the nature of business and is to definitely be expected. I absolutely love doing it though. It's a lot of work. I am the primary producer of the products, web designer, Dred Jewel maker, accountant, and sales person..although as of late, I have a few employees. :)

KITTY:  WHAT HAS BEEN YOUR BEST SELLING PRODUCTS AND CAN YOU DESCRIBE THEM?

BJ:  Buttafly's Body Butter..All natural butters with no artificial colors, fillers! It’s a delicious blend of Coco, Mango, Shea, Apricot Kernel, and coconut butters with high quality olive oil.. No Synthetic fillers like mineral or petroleum. Use it on your hair or body! Select Buttafly’s Signature fragrances or customized blends or unscented.

Buttafly's Dred and Loc Jaloe ..for Locs and natural hair styles.. blends of all the BEST oils for hair and skin like Jojoba, Olive, Coconut, Sweet Almond, Avocado and more.. with no fillers like mineral oil or cheap oils like corn oil. Then it’s infused with Aloe for a healthy scalp and decent moisture for light twisting and maintenance. It’s light enough for Sista locs.. and even wear it on your skin. You can either customize your fragrance, or choose from Buttafly’s Signature collection!

And of course all of the perfumes.. people buy several of those at once, and some unscented Buttafly’s Body Butter in order to switch their scents daily.

As of lately, Buttafly’s Gourmet Suga Scrubs are getting a lot of attention.. and Kits, where you can get everything at once for a discounted price.

KITTY:  DO YOU SELL YOUR PRODUCTS LOCALLY IN YOUR NEIGHBORHOOD?

BJ:  We sure do. I attend several vending events. I have not begun selling in stores, as I am focused on the online store for now. I feel that no one can represent the importance of Buttafly Jonez Co. products for skin and hair like I and my sales associates can.

KITTY:  BEING THE CREATIVE PERSON THAT YOU ARE WHAT'S NEXT ON THE HORIZON AS YOU ARE EXPANDING YOUR BRAND?


BJ: I recently expanded my brand to include Men’s fragrances for our products, and we have lines for the entire body including hair. I am also creating Dred Jewelz loc adornments, which are specifically made for men, next. I am building a page that they can go directly to and know that the Dred Jewelz was created with men in mind.

KITTY: LIST ALL THE LINKS WHERE SOMEONE CAN FIND YOU AND YOUR PRODUCTS?


Thank you so much for the interview! I hope that I meet new friends from this! Also http://www.etsy.com/shop/ButtaflyJonezCo
http://www.etsy.com/shop/ButtaflyJonezCo

add me and our groups on Face Book
www.facebook.com/buttaflyjonez = Kaharra Harbour

 

Have you tried Buttafly Jonez Co. products yet? Be sure to go to www.buttaflyjonez.com & enter to win! Submit your name & e-mail address & which product you want to try in the mailing list form. There will be a drawing. If selected, you'll receive the full size product that you want to try for free! Spread the word to friends and family! Contest ends on Jan. 22nd and will be announced on that date, via e-mail and on Face Book, which is our 5 year anniversary!est ends on Jan. 22nd and will be announced on that date, our 5 year anniversary!est ends on Jan. 22nd and will be announced on that date, our 5 year anniversary!




 
Love yourself enough to Indulge
-Buttafly Jonez
www.buttaflyjonez.com


add me and our groups on Face Book
www.facebook.com/buttaflyjonez
= Kaharra Harbour

= Dred Jewelz fan page!



Www.DredJewelz.Com

Www.ButtaFlyJonez.com
You can find all natural bath, body, and hair products that are made in small and fresh batches. The fragrances are awesome.
Men's, Women's and Unisex Fragrances!
= Buttafly Jonez Fan Page!