Lee Kernaghan - a Chabad legend !?

Guest post from Sydney Chosid:

(Far be it for me to criticize Sydney Yeshiva who’s record in being in the forefront of loyally promotinge all of the rebbe's inyonim and mivtzoim in our city need no elaboration. However I asked a rav in CH about this and he told me that not only am I permitted to make a public macho’eh – but indeed have a chiyuv to do so.)

Was I the only Chabad chosid to be embarrassed by the Yeshiva promoting a non-Jewish singer at their concert and even giving him equal billing and ‘legend’ status to Avrohom Fried? Frankly this is so far from the ways of the rebbe and chasdus that I am surprised that Avremel hasn’t protested or even pulled out.

I have no idea who this Lee Kernaghan is. He may indeed be one of the chasidei umos haolom, but does that qualify him to be a star at a concert present by ‘headquarter’ of Chabad in NSW?

Furthermore, I am equally upset at the Yeshiva’s advertising this on the J-wire site – 7 days a week. Is there any halachic hetter to advertise with and for Jews on the Shabbos?
I am told that this concert will also take place in Melbourne – but without Kernaghan’s performance. Why is Sydney Chabad different?

Thank you Ajnwatch for publicizing this on my behalf.